[oe] Bugzilla Status (pitiful, penoso, penible, bedauerlich)

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:19:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.03.2009, 12:04 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:
>> On 25-03-09 11:14, Andrea Adami wrote:
>> > Bump
>>
>> As I said, let's close it down.
>
> -1000. Lets continue cleaning it up.

Building on Chris's push for package maintainers -- perhaps we need to
insist on style guidelines for bugs as well where we prefix the bug
title with the component name (like repo commits), or create separate
components for every directory in recipes, machines, and perhaps a
catch-all for core files.  Then the maintainer for the component could
decide if the bug is valid, and close it if not.  If bugs collect for
a component, and nothing gets done, then we need to search for a
maintainer, or mark the recipe unmaintained.  I guess the difficult
part is all this needs active management.  Somehow if we can get bugs
assigned to the right people (listed in the maintainers file), then
maybe it would work better.

Cliff