[oe] Link error: host instead of target libc

Martin Dietze di at fh-wedel.de
Mon Mar 30 08:14:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, March 27, 2009, Khem Raj wrote:

> One reason could be that you linker is not aware of sysroot properly. As
> a result it does not append correct sysroot path and ends up looking
> at /lib which ofcourse it your host libc (x86) and hence the error. you
> might need to backport sysroot related patches to binutils 2.14

Thank you for this hint, this solved it. There was a
distro-specific override of EXTRA_OECONF which broke the
EXTRA_OECONF_append defined elsewhere, thus the sysroot property
was never applied while configuring binutils.

Cheers,

Martin

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------