[oe] TinyLogin

Yuri Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:37:29 UTC 2009

Hello!

> IMO (for what that's worth), we need to support the "everything is
> busybox!" sort of build; there's just no alternative for small devices.
>  But the problem is what do we do for that middle ground, for devices
> that can't fit the entire set of "proper" tools but might not be willing
> to take the security risk associated with running busybox SETUID.

Can we build two busybox'es? One with ordinary non-suid-tools and one with
all suid? Is it crazy idea? :)

Can someone look here for login replacement (about using on Linux):
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/login/

and may be here for some other tools:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/

--