[oe] OpenEmbedded talk at froscon 09 anyone?

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Mon Mar 30 15:52:44 UTC 2009

Hi,
the CfP for the froscon '09 is active. Please submit your OE lecture ASAP.

http://froscon.org/

I know everyone is dying to do a presentation about our great project
but please remember: Only one OE introduction per conference. ;)

What about me? Well, I submitted a talk about a topic that I am really
dying to do for a long time. I even have notes in some file about it on
my PC.

---

Title: Understanding and fixing cross-compilation requirements
Subtitle: How to make your FOSS project cross-compiling friendly

Abstract:
This lecture talks about the typical problems embedded build
environments have with the build systems of random FOSS projects out
there. It will also present best practices to fix them. As such this
lecture contributes to better cross-compile support in the general FOSS
community.

The ideas presented here are not related to any build environment in
special and instead will solve the problem for all of them.

----

I hope it will be accepted.

Regards
Robert