[oe] [RFC] make preferred openssl version match for -native recipe

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Tue Mar 31 02:26:56 UTC 2009

I'd like to propose that we remove the "DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1"" line
from openssl-native_0.9.8j.bb.

This is causing a problem in select cases (for example, python-native
fails "import md5"), because we build and stage openssl 0.9.8j, but the
corresponding -native that gets built and staged is openssl 0.9.7g.

The 0.9.8j version is currently selected as the PREFERRED_VERSION in the
preferred-om-2008-versions.inc file, as well as for SlugOS.  I've
successfully built it on both 32 and 64 bit hosts.

Unless there are objections, I'll commit a fix in a couple of days.

Regards,
Mike (mwester)