[oe] ugly OE issue with RDEPENDS

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Mar 31 13:06:49 UTC 2009

> The odd thing that happens here is: jamvm (which I want to
> build) is a provider for java2-runtime but this does not
> interest OE and it builds another provider for java2-runtime
> instead. In my case this is openjdk-6, a recipe takes a very
> long time to built.

As a local hack, you might be able to shortcut bitbake by putting
this in your default.conf:

ASSUME_PROVIDED += "openjdk-6"

Maybe should instead say ASSUME_PROVIDED += "java2-runtime", but
then "bitbake world" wouldn't make jamvm. But you can
specify "bitbake jamvm world" instead.

This hack doesn't solve the underlying problem, but should cure
your sympton in the meantime.