[oe] update for liboil

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:32:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> On 31-03-09 11:05, Henning Heinold wrote:

>> sorry for the to early checkin of liboil update.
>>
>> Attached is the patch for review, because its delete the older versions
>
> Are the older versions causing any harm?

And, are you sure the new version does not introduce regressions?

I think we should always keep a few versions around, so that there is
a "sliding time window" over a few releases to pick from.
(This might be a proposal for the recipe checklist).

There might always be other valid reasons around to keep old, but
stable packages releases, for example:

- a busybox that just works.
- older util-linux that has nfs support versus newer ones that have not, etc.

Regards,
--
Leon