[oe] [OE][stable] floating revisions or _svn/_git/_cvs recipes

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 20:13:06 UTC 2009

Hi,
the new stable branch has been created. Soon we will see an influx of
$BIG_COMPANY making use it. ;)

All great. :)

However I see a problem with those recipes which do not have a fixed
version. I mean those that have _svn, _git or _cvs as the version number
and are configured to autorev.

Can we come to an agreement and say: "Only limited support for those
recipes."

Attached to this topic is the wish to introduce a server containing the
source tarballs for the recipes we provide.

I think everybody knows the trouble that we have with various tarballs
which we take right from the Debian repos. As soon as a new tarball is
uploaded the old one vanishes. I think this will cause grief for our
stable branch and I would like to avoid this.

Regards
Robert