[oe] progress on OE organization issues

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:43:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:

> Do you have any kind of estimated timeline for putting these
> organisational structures in place?

The server changes can happen as I/others have time.  I hope to have
most of the services mirrored over the next couple weeks, and kept in
sync with rsync.  After a period of testing, we can then make the
switch.

The eV stuff is a little less known, as about all I can do keep
hassling those who started the process.  I did note your thoughts
about the eV, and have asked the http://www.softwarefreedom.org/ for
any advice they might have.  An organized way to handle funding does
not seen super critical at this time with the nslu2-linux server
offer, but something we should get in place.

I have been pondering doing a series of polls to get feedback from the
OE community and users.  The first one should be coming out shortly.
Perhaps we can use a mechanism like this for voting, etc eventually.

Thanks,
Cliff