[oe] Pull request from DoréDevelopment - New: Micro distro/image

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri May 1 12:49:34 UTC 2009

Martin Lund wrote:
> Hello OE dev,
>
> Please pull the changes from the following repository:
>
> git pull git://dev.doredevelopment.dk/oe-micro.git master
>
> This oe-micro repository adds the following files to current dev:
>
> conf/distro/micro-uclibc.conf |   43 +++++++++++++++++
> conf/distro/micro.conf        |  100
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> recipes/images/micro-image.bb |   34 ++++++++++++++
>
> There should be no conflicts with the current OE dev branch.
>
> These files constitute a new distribution named "Micro" and a
> corresponding buildable image target: micro-image

Why can't we make the needed changes to the minimal distro? I'd hate to
see us have minimal and really-minimal distros, when they are trying to
do the same thing.

What changes did you make to minimal.conf to to get to micro.conf? I'll
admit to not looking closely at the insides of the distro files, but I
want to learn more.

I'm also curious what happens if you build the micro-image against
Angstrom.

Philip