[oe] Pull request from DoréDevelopment - New: Micro distro/image

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri May 1 21:30:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Martin Lund <mgl at doredevelopment.dk> wrote:
> git pull git://dev.doredevelopment.dk/oe-micro.git master
>
> The "Micro" distribution/image is created because we feel that there is a
> need for a truly tiny and clean distro and image definition in OE for those
> users out there that needs a _very_ tiny Linux rootfs with virtually nothing
> installed except busybox, libc, udev, and a few init scripts. On arm the
> jffs2 image size is only 1 MB (uclibc based). No bloat allowed.

Agreed, this is more or less what I use OE for work-related (read-only
Linux based firmware image).

> We intend to maintain this distro/image in the future - please pull :)

Or you planning to directly maintain it in the OE upstream GIT repo?

I guess with the amount of ACKs now anyone can pull and commit;

I'm not sure what the exact GIT workflow is for such a pull, anyone?

Regards,
--
Leon