[oe] Building jamvm and cacao (cacao is missing a patch)

Christian Glindkamp christian.glindkamp at taskit.de
Wed May 6 14:22:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to build jamvm from stable/2009. This implicitly builds cacao.
As I see it this happens because cacao provides java2-runtime and classpath
rdepends on it. The problem is, that cacao does not build because of a missing
patch. In revision af5fcda66139e002d098c0df952b43c455806aba
cacao-disable-stackbase-check.patch was added to SRC_URI but the patch itself
was not committed. Reverting the commit at least allowed me to continue the
build of jamvm.

I also checked the dev branch and it is missing the patch, too. So this patch
should be added to both branches (or the patch removed from SRC_URI if it is
obsolete).

On a sidenote: Why is bitbake building cacao at all, jamvm already provides
java2-runtime?

Regards,
Christian Glindkamp