[oe] FILESPATHPKG question

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed May 6 18:18:18 UTC 2009

Chris Larson wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
>> Phil Blundell wrote:
>>> Wouldn't you be better off just prepending to FILESPATHPKG rather than
>>> replacing it?  As in, FILESPATHPKG =. "u-boot-git:" or something.
>> I'd taken from a similar patch for uclibc. (That needs acks or comments).
>>
>> What's the difference between =+ ad =.? Both work and I see more of the =+
>> form?
>
> The + operations insert a space separator.  The FILESPATH vars use :
> as their separator, not +, so no, they don't "Both work".

Theoretically you might be correct :)

But,

FILESPATHPKG =+ "u-boot-git:"

is working for me. I'll push the =. form in case this changes in the
future. I want to make sure I understand what is going on so we can get
the most correct fixes in.

Could someone also look at the uclibc patch for this sort of thing?

http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/436/

Philip