[oe] How to boot Cacko from KexecBoot on Collie?

Peter Chubb peter.chubb at nicta.com.au
Fri May 8 08:22:43 UTC 2009

Yuri> Hello!
>> Is there a trick to kexecbooting Cacko on collie?  The issue at
>> present is the filesystem on /dev/mtdblk0p1 --- which should
>> contain CACKO's root file system (it's hard coded in various
>> scripts) --- but which contains the kexecboot initrd.

Yuri> Kexecboot have no separate initrd. It is kernel+initramfs
Yuri> 'all-in-one'.  Kexecboot is 'flashed' as ordinary (e.g. Cacko)
Yuri> kernel.

Hmmm.  When a do
       bitbake linux-kexecboot
I see in tmp/deploy a zImage and an initramfs --- are you saying I
need to flash just the zImage?  I'll try it on Monday.
--
Dr Peter Chubb                                  peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au               ERTOS within National ICT Australia