[oe] python 2.6 warning

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Mon May 11 14:19:41 UTC 2009

Dnia poniedziałek, 11 maja 2009 o 11:22:56 Robert Schuster napisał(a):
> Hi all,
> those who are using bitbake with Python 2.6 (e.g. Ubuntu 09.04,
> Debian sid) will notice this warning:
>
> /home/rschus/oe/bitbake/lib/bb/COW.py:29: DeprecationWarning: the
> sets module is deprecated
>   import types, sets
>
> Is anyone from OE in the know how to fix that properly? I know its
> only a warning but imagine an OE newbie reading this .... I would
> like to fix it myself but even after years of contributing to OE my
> Pyhton skills are severely limited. :|

BitBake trunk has it fixed by me. Backporting to 1.8.x and to
stable/2009 are on my todolist. And yes - it works fine with Python 2.5
and even should with Python 2.4 which is minimal required version
(should works with 2.3 but we do not support it).

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz