[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : gcc 4.3.3: fix regression from 4.3. 1 that caused fortran to get disabled for linux-gnueabi

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu May 14 06:26:51 UTC 2009

On 13-05-09 23:13, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:56:03PM +0200, GIT User account wrote:
>
>> Author: Koen Kooi<koen at openembedded.org>
>> Date:   Wed May 13 22:49:19 2009 +0200
>>
>> gcc 4.3.3: fix regression from 4.3.1 that caused fortran to get disabled for linux-gnueabi
>
> This came up on IRC today for something else.  Why do we only build a
> fortran compiler on ARM (EABI)?  Should it just be disabled on a few
> platforms perhaps?

When we first started playing with things like this (2005-ish) some
people didn't want java, fortran or obj-c compilers, so everything
defaulted to off.
And gcc is crappy enough that java, fortran and objc just don't
crosscompile for every arch (check the arm fortran patches).

Having said that, I rather like complete toolchains, so if it was up to
me, java, fortran and objc would be turned on by default for every arch.

regards,

Koen