[oe] progress on OE organization issues

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat May 16 12:54:52 UTC 2009

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 00:37 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>> My view on that is: The ideal situation would be that everyone interested in
>> OE -- no matter on which level, technically, supportive, or administrative,
>> becomes a member of the e.V.  This is relatively straightforward and does not
>> require any financial commitments per se as our status include that a member
>> can chose its own membership fee.
>
> Sounds good to me.  What exactly needs to be done in order to make this
> happen?

Translate the eV papers into English. Someone did feed it through an
internet translator, but I can't find the output on the web. We should
go ahead and put them on the wiki.

Basically, to join the eV, you need to be recommended by two members and
the current members approve (fortunately, we said internet voting is
fine). There are currently 11 members (this selection was performed by
the number of people interested in OE willing to eat dinner in Chi-Chi's
in Brussels, and sign a piece of paper written in German and hoping
Holger was honestly translating it)

The current stumbling block seems to be setting up an oe-members list
and verifying the members are still interested in participating.

Then we create a list of proposed members and vote them in. I suspect
the initial selection criteria will be anyone with commit access who
wants to join the eV.

Philip