[oe] [oe-commits] Roman I Khimov : (e) glibc-package: fix kernel version passed to qemu

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Tue May 19 08:55:22 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 11:38:51 Phil Blundell wrote:
> I think you misunderstood what I was proposing.  Glibc would continue to
> be configured just as it is now: the only difference would be that
> _qemu_ would be set to emulate the newest kernel version that it
> supports, rather than a fixed version as previously.

As I can tell from a quick glance, there is no special handling for different
kernel versions in QEMU. It translates syscalls from target application to
host kernel and if we tell it to fake kernel version reported to application
it does so and nothing more (linux-user/syscall.c in qemu). So I don't think
there is any newest kernel version supported by QEMU for any target, it just
doesn't care.