[oe] [RFC] renaming packages/ to recipes/

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:32:18 UTC 2009

2009/5/19 Elena of Valhalla <elena.valhalla at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks
> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think adding recipes-broken (or broken-recipes) is a bad idea.
>> [...]
>
> How is this different from having recipes/nonworking and
> recipes/obsolete as it currently happens?
>
> more visibility?
>
> --
> Elena ``of Valhalla''

You have a point.
Then again things in recipes/nonworking and recipes/obsolete are
generally considered as very broken.
I would not want the task to repair all packages that are outside
these dirs and also not working on some targets/situations.

That is why I mentioned that if we want such a dir, we need a policy
on what/when could go in there.
(e.g. by requiring that a move to broken is ack-ed by 2 other devs).

Frans