[oe] eV Membership

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue May 19 20:01:56 UTC 2009

I'd like to propose increasing the eV membership by adding people who
have commit access to OE and who are also interested in becoming an eV
member.

In order to do so, if you have commit access to OE and would like to
join the eV, please send me an email with full name, irc nick, and
committer id. I'll collect these and propose the list for membership.

The eV is described at:

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Organization

I've also added a babelfish translation of the membership portion of the
statutes at the end of this email.

Philip

) Active members are natural persons, who support the association
purpose and the implementation of the association goals by cooperation
and the full obligations of a club member take over. In particular
becomes of them cooperation, which and the practice of the right to
vote expects participation in the meetings of the members.

B) Extraordinary members are natural and legal entities, who explain
the support of the association purpose and the association goals by
their membership in the association, but do without on the practice of
the rights of the active members, here the practice of the right to
vote. Legal entities designate a natural person as representatives to
the practice remaining rights and obligations.

C) Promoting members are extraordinary members, that promote the
association purpose and the association goals in particular by a
financial or a special contribution. They are published on own desire
on the web page of the association and to have the right to the
participation in the meeting of the members, without acquiring thereby
a right to vote.

How to obtain membership:  Active membership is acquired on proposal
of an active member with agreement of two of other active members by
resolution of the meeting of the members or the active members by
Internet choice with simple majority. Main decision criterion for the
admission should be the commitment shown by the photograph candidates
during a longer period and the contribution made thereby in the sense
of the association goals.