[oe] madwifi: Aggressive revert of my aggresive fix :-)

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:55:08 UTC 2009

Hello Mike,

I tried to fix the GNU_HASH issue in madwifi by leaking LDFLAGS into
the build, and respecting those flags in some Makefiles.

http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/commit/&id=f67b2104dafeda09571259ba4c3e6019d8a0888b

hat apparently broke something for you, so you unset LDFLAGS again:

http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/commit/&id=75d4826c3c0f7012ccee3a7116d7350f41539fa3

The tools for example, need them. Someone just ran into that problem,
that I (agressively) fixed before:

[23:16]	<tharvey>	pb_, madwifi includes some userland tools - its
those that fail the GNU_HASH based on ldflags that I'm trying to fix

So let's work towards a fix that works for both of us:

- The right fix is to leak LDFLAGS into the build from the recipe, but
unset them *only* where needed.
- Please revert your commit (i.e. unsetting LDFLAGS) and see which
part of madwifi needs LDFLAGS unset.

We will probably end up with a fix to one or two of the Makefiles instead.

Regards,
--
Leon