[oe] trouble with ext2 filesystem

Alessandro GARDICH gremlin at gremlin.it
Sat May 23 20:23:13 UTC 2009

Hi all

I notice a problem of the generated filesystem

MACHINE = "qemux86"
DISTRO = "kaeilos"
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ext2"
IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE = "102400"

building console-image I obtain a .ext2 filesystem with
Free blocks:              89357
Free inodes:              87

notice ... only 87 free inodes !!!

after my small and trial patch this is the result
Free blocks:              86302
Free inodes:              24527

maybe 4096 could be too small ... maybe 10k could be good, your choice.

At now I modify qemux86.conf cause usually EXTRA_IMAGECMD is in the
machine config file, but to add hardware specific parameters (flash size
  and erase size). I'm not sure if is the right place. Probably in the
distro configuration could be better.

thanks in advance

--
|     Alessandro Gardich : gremlin#gremlin!it      |
|  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.      |
|  A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough |
|  without ever having felt sorry for itself.      |