[oe] progress on OE organization issues

Alessandro GARDICH gremlin at gremlin.it
Sun May 24 15:49:05 UTC 2009

Cliff Brake wrote:
> One thing about OE that may not be typical is the rate at which key
> people come and go.  That said, it seems like the structure needs to
> accommodate this -- perhaps by electing a new core team every 3
> months.  I propose we make this real simple -- everyone with commit
> access gets one vote, and we elect a core team (5 people).  Eventually
> this could be expanded to "members".  Thoughts?

Maybe a such high rate of elections could be annoying, maybe better have
a valid board with also 3 or 4 members if someone move away ...
I think is realistic that board members will be elected from more
present developers so probably the high rate of turn over shouldn't
affect the boards.

just my 2 cent

--
|     Alessandro Gardich : gremlin#gremlin!it      |
|  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.      |
|  A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough |
|  without ever having felt sorry for itself.      |