[oe] [RFC][Zaurus] (Re)move obsolete kernels

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon May 25 16:28:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 11:29 +0200, Andrea Adami wrote:
> I was testing a build for some Zaurus models (akita,spitz) and
> re-discovered an old issue (oebug 4784):
>
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> ERROR: '[]' RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
> 'virtual/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc-2.95' but it wasn't found in any
> PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
> NOTE: Runtime target 'virtual/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc-2.95' is
> unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
> ['virtual/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc-2.95']
>
> The c7x0 model is already 'fixed' - no error
> We know the error is not fatal but still...so, my proposal is to move
> the old stuff to 'obsolete' or to patch the recipes as done for c7x0
> (see a.m. bug).
> This would lead to unbuildability of  'sharprom-compatible'
> distro...which noone seems to be using now in 2009.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is here.  Are you saying that you see
this diagnostic about gcc-2.95 even when the kernel that needs it isn't
selected for building?  If so, that seems like it would be a bitbake bug
and should be fixed as such.  (The fact that it's showing an empty list
for the dependent packages does indicate that something is a bit wrong
in bitbake, anyway.)

p.