[oe] Trying to build cmake in OE for BeagleBoard (errors)

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sat May 30 14:48:41 UTC 2009

On 30-05-09 16:06, Dan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build cmake in OE for the Beagle Board from Angstrom
> stable/2009. I can build
> cmake-native correctly, but that's for my host. When I try $bitbake
> cmake, I get errors. The recipe that comes in the OE repository is for
> version 2.4.8. I tried copying and pasting the .bb and renaming to the
> latest version 2.6.4 and get the same exact errors. I am able to build
> other packages like console-image correctly.
>
> Here's my errors from cmake-2.6.4:
>

> The cmake_bootstrap.log says this:
>
> Try: ccache
> Line: ccache -isystem/oe/tmp/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/
> include -fexpensive-optimizations -frename-registers -fomit-frame-
> pointer -O2 cmake_bootstrap_31053.test.c -o cmake_bootstrap_31053.test

It seems cmake treats $CC was a single word instead of the string it is.
So instead of it doing 'ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc <stuff>'
it is doing 'ccache <stuff>'.

I think you can get around it by disabling ccache (CCACHE=""), but it
means cmake will also ignore $TARGET_CC_ARCH, which is a bit more severe.

regards,

Koen