[oe] Staging - time to end the current mess?

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Nov 2 15:25:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:18 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> My biggest fear is these kind of recipes:
>
> do_install() {
> 	oe_libinstall foo ${D}
> }
>
> do_stage() }
> 	oe_libinstall foo ${D}
> 	cp foo.h ${STAGING_INC_DIR}
> }
>
> I guess we could grep for do_stage_{ap,pre}pend to find the worst
> offenders and gradually fix up remaining offenders.

I'm hoping that with some clever magic, what I create will continue to
use these "legacy" staging functions when they're defined giving us a
transition path. As we go through the recipes fixing them up to use the
fastpath, we'll just have to catch those things. They are by definition
broken anyway so this is a good thing to do.

Cheers,

Richard