[oe] Staging - time to end the current mess - now with patches

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Wed Nov 4 13:56:23 UTC 2009

Richard Purdie wrote:

> I'm toying with the idea of renaming the whole idea of "stage" to
> sysroot so we could have do_sysroot_package, do_sysroot_install and
> do_sysroot_mangle. That could be a lot clearer for the user?

It makes sense. But the sysroot directory itself has name "staging". It
would be nice to have consistent names.

>> It's a bit unrelated, but I would like to see temp/run.do_... script for
>> splitting install dir to sub-package dirs and packages and
>> temp/log.do_... with QA output that warns about unpackaged files.
>
>bitbake master does this already :)

Nice.

Well, just another trivial idea that can simplify life:

- files in temp/ and stamps/ can have number somewhere in its name - if
they will be sorted by name, then they will have its natural order.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus