[oe] Mono

Hodgson, Simon Simon.Hodgson at nortechonline.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 21:20:43 UTC 2009

_______________________________________
From: openembedded-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org [openembedded-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org] On Behalf Of Khem Raj [raj.khem at gmail.com]
Sent: 05 November 2009 00:06
To: openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: [oe] Mono

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Hodgson, Simon
<Simon.Hodgson at nortechonline.co.uk> wrote:
> I've built Mono for OpenEmbedded to run on an arm processor. But when I try to run just a simple Hello World test I get:
>
> mini-codegen.c:1073:mono_local_regalloc: assertion failed: (ins->dreg != -1)
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I might be doing wrong?
>
> mono -V produces:
> root at at91sam9g20ek:~# mono -V
> Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (tarball Tue Nov  3 03:08:58 EST 2009)
> Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
>        TLS:           normal
>        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
>        SIGSEGV:       normal
>        Notifications: epoll
>        Architecture:  armel,vfp
>        Disabled:      none
>
> Is there anymore info perhaps I can provide?

Can you apply the attached patch then rebuild mono and retry your test.

Thanks

-Khem

Sorry for being a bit dense, but where should I apply this? It appears to patch the receipe and the mono source, is that correct? Do I need to run patch twice in each directory?

Thanks

Simon