[oe] perl/cpan issue (cpan.bbclass, perl/config.sh)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:37:17 UTC 2009

I was trying to make xmltv but noticed some files were missing from the recipe.
The recipe includes cpan

Apparently some of the files are in the xmltv work dir but others are
copied to the perl work dir.
I don't think this is good, but I am not a perl/cpan expert, so
seeking for advice and/or a fix.

Apparently cpan.bbclass invokes perl/config.sh
This one contains things like:
config_arg7='-Dinstallprefix=/home/frans/oe/tmp_angstrom/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/perl-5.8.8-r29/image'
..
installbin='/home/frans/oe/tmp_angstrom/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/perl-5.8.8-r29/image/usr/bin'
Guess config.sh is the bad guy
Not sure how to fix this.

Please advise (or if you are a wiz, please fix and I'll study the fix
and learn from it :-) )

Frans