[oe] menuconfig task for kernels

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Mon Nov 9 15:40:36 UTC 2009

Przemyslaw Wesolek wrote:
>> Is this the "right" way to do? If so, maybe menuconfig should be added
>> as 'after do_configure', instead of 'after do_patch'?
>
> Anyone?

Hi Przemek,

I find if I'm configuring for a new machine, I need to do_patch, copy a
"close" defconfig into place, run make menuconfig, and copy the .config
back to the filesdir where it belongs. The menuconfig task doesn't save
much, as you still have to copy the defconfigs around. I don't use the
task for that reason, and maybe others are in the same boat.

I think you're right about the order, though; if you sent a patch, I
would ack it, for what it's worth.

Mike