[oe] OEDEM - Summary of some the outcome

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:25:33 UTC 2009

2009/11/10 Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
>> That is unfortunate but I suspect if we waited until everyone's personal
>> favourite distro adopted it, we'd impose artificial limits on what is a
>> development branch. No easy solution really :(.
>
> Even being a big fan of Debian I must to agree here; OE shouldn't wait
> for distros to make changes otherwise we'll have a nightmare to
> manage.

actually installing it from scratch is not really a big deal anyway,
grab the tarball (I used wget
http://download.berlios.de/bitbake/bitbake-1.8.16.tar.gz)
untar to the right place, then rename dir to bitbake; then python
setup.py build and optionally python setup.py install

And RP, thanks for the report! Very appreciated!

Frans