[oe] OEDEM 2009 summary: Death to checksums.ini?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:37:09 UTC 2009

2009/11/11 Phil Blundell <pb at reciva.com>:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 17:01 +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>> > The labelling is a good idea, although I am not especially keen on
>> > either of those notations.  How about:
>> >
>> > SRC_URI = "xyz://abc.com/efg.tgz;name=bar"
>> > SRC_URI[md5sum:bar] = "..."
>> > SRC_URI[sha256sum:bar] = "..."
>> >
>> Would we still be able to use PN and PV in the md5sum:bar etc?
>
> Not directly, though it isn't entirely obvious to me why this would be a
> useful thing to do.  Did you have a situation in mind where this would
> be desirable?

I am somewhat lazy so if a new version of a recipe has to be made I'd
like to touch as little as possible.
(the less I have to do the less chance of an error occurring)
So preferably I would use PV an PN in the url and not copy it from
somewhere (as that is more error prone too.

(btw I can also envision a new bitbake task which will rewrite the checksums).

Frans