[oe] xterm: either fix it, or remove it. please.

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Nov 12 07:20:08 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 07:36:32 Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   anyway, this is about the fourth time i've explained this, either
> here or on the angstrom-devel list.  that's the error, and it's
> entirely reproducible on my f11 system.  at this point, i'm leaving it
> with the powers that be, and you're free to deal with it or totally
> ignore it.  whatever suits you.

Robert,

I totally agree that bugs should be fixed. Your attitude is somehow weird as
you demand others to fix problems you are experiencing. Honestly speaking I am
a bit disturbed by this attitude. Work on OE is purely community driven, if
something reported is not picked up, it is saddening, but you really can't
play the escalation game from the commercial world.

Did you consider updating xterm from 207 to something more recent, or did you
consider taking a newer install script and patch it into 207? Apparently
between 207 and 243 (as of ubuntu) there must have been changes.

z.