[oe] xterm: either fix it, or remove it. please.

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 08:28:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:20:08AM +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Thursday 12 November 2009 07:36:32 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

> >   anyway, this is about the fourth time i've explained this, either
> > here or on the angstrom-devel list.  that's the error, and it's
> > entirely reproducible on my f11 system.  at this point, i'm leaving it
> > with the powers that be, and you're free to deal with it or totally
> > ignore it.  whatever suits you.
>
> Robert,
>
> I totally agree that bugs should be fixed. Your attitude is somehow weird as
> you demand others to fix problems you are experiencing. Honestly speaking I am
> a bit disturbed by this attitude. Work on OE is purely community driven, if
> something reported is not picked up, it is saddening, but you really can't
> play the escalation game from the commercial world.

I agree with Holger here, we are not you contractors/slaves. I can fix it
for you but it will costs $$$ I can give you the email address of my
manager who will negotiate a fee.

Or you could get with the rest of the open source community and start
to understand that whining is not a construction addition to the community.

It would take you maybe 2 minutes to make a patch. Why be so damn difficult?

And I also see no problem here.

Graeme