[oe] OEDEM 2009 summary: Death to checksums.ini?

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Nov 12 19:31:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 20:18 +0100, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> >+            raise Exception("MD5 Sums do not match. Wanted: '%s' Got: '%s'" % (want_md5sum, md5data))
>
> Why are you providing the same information as a note and in the
> exception text?

This is the way those diagnostics have always been done (see the
existing code in base.bbclass).  In practice I don't think the exception
text is used for anything but it seems fairly harmless to go on
providing it.  If we're going to change that then it should presumably
be done for both forms of the checksum code, not just for this one.

p.