[oe] SRCPV migration

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 16 10:59:10 UTC 2009

On 16-11-09 11:49, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 11:37 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> So basically every recipe that is using SRCPV in PV or PR is unsuitable
>> to be put in online feeds. That should be enough to stop the SRCPV merge
>> into .dev.
>
> How is this different to the current situation though?

In the current situation (actually, last weeks situation) SRCPV was
never used.

> If SRCREV is locked down you will get 1 as the local build revision back
> and it will not change and will be the same for everyone.

> If its not locked down, all bets are off but they always have been - no
> change.

Ah, that was the bit of info I was missing. But if SRCREV is locked down
(as it should!) what's the point of putting SRCPV in PV or PR? It seems
to make things worse if you update a locked SRCREV, since SRCPV will
remain '1'.

regards,

Koen