[oe] Initial Support for the Samsung Omnia (SGH-i900)

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Mon Nov 16 13:52:52 UTC 2009

Dnia poniedziałek, 16 listopada 2009 o 14:11:29 Alex Ferguson napisał(a):
> However, I am having some problems with the Marvell firmware. The driver
> expects firmware images with names like "gspi8686.bin" and
> "gspi8686_hlp.bin". The marvell-gspi-fw package contains firmware files
>  with non-compatible names. Even with compatible names, the driver fails to
>  find the firmware under /lib/firmware, though this probably hasn't
>  anything to do with OE.
>
> There exists a git repository on git.kernel.org with the required firmware
> files, though I believe it's better I fix the marvell-gspi-fw package for
> future use, as I found no packages depending on it and thus risking
> breakage.

BUG from BugLabs uses Marvell SPI and SDIO firmwares for 8686 wifi chipset.
Present version of hardware (r1.3) comes with SDIO connected wifi and uses
firmwares/marvell-sdio-fw_9.70.3-p37.bb recipe for it.

Older firmwares/marvell-gspi-fw_9.70.3-p37.bb recipe is used for BugWifi
module support which adds SPI connected Wifi/BT for older hardware revisions.

And this device is supported in OpenEmbedded - we use stable/2009 for it plus
own overlay.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/