[oe] any ETA on a working dev beagleboard demo image?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:17:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Phil Blundell wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 04:05 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> >   IMHO, the fact that you don't know anyone who uses a fedora
>> > build host is not a compelling reason to ignore build breakage
>> > that happens on a fedora build host.

There has been talk about automated build tests (in fact, I have used
nightly builds to find regressions but no longer have the hardware
available to me).

I think it would be good to generate a set of "well-known good
building combo's" that build from scratch.

Which keys should be in there? I think: host system (uname output?),
target (MACHINE), bitbake target (image name), OE .dev revision (git
commit)

What can we extract from the tinderbox database?

Should we modify the oe-stats class so that we collect this
information automatically?

Maybe detect that the user is building from scratch (i.e. no
destination directory exists yet)

Regards,
--
Leon