[oe] BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS is broken

Wed Nov 18 10:26:56 UTC 2009

minimal.conf has
DISTRO_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "[...] avahi-daemon avahi-autoipd [...]"
which leads to task-distro-base recommending those packages.

Trying to override this with
BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS="avahi-daemon avahi-autoipd"
does not wotk though, it's still pulled in.

This is what rootfs_ipk.bbclass does:

        STATUS=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${libdir}/opkg/status
        # prime the status file with bits that we don't want
        for i in ${BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS}; do
                echo "Package: $i" >> $STATUS
                echo "Architecture: ${TARGET_ARCH}" >> $STATUS
                echo "Status: deinstall ok not-installed" >> $STATUS
                echo >> $STATUS
        done

which actually writes out the correct stuff

+STATUS=/home/[...]/tmp/rootfs/shr-image/usr/lib/opkg/status
+for i in avahi-daemon avahi-autoipd
+echo 'Package: avahi-daemon'
+echo 'Architecture: arm'
+echo 'Status: deinstall ok not-installed'
+echo
+for i in avahi-daemon avahi-autoipd
+echo 'Package: avahi-autoipd'
+echo 'Architecture: arm'
+echo 'Status: deinstall ok not-installed'
+echo

However, when task-distro-base is installed it still pulls in
avahi-daemon, so I think this way of handling BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS is
broken by different opkg behavior.

Any solution (besides removing avahi from minimal.conf where I don't
think it should be in the first place)?

spaetz