[oe] BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS is broken (opkg issue)

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Nov 18 22:12:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 07:50 +1030, Graham Gower wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de>:
> > additional: as this is an opkg issue, I am using opkg-native r240.
> >
> > Graham, is this supposed to work?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Spaetz
> >

> A quick look at the relevant code for this indicates to me that it may
> work under certain circumstances. Its non trivial to determine how
> this all interacts from code inspection alone. I'll play with it for a
> bit and let you know what I come up with.

It's meant to be handled by this chunk of code, and I'm fairly sure that
this used to work reliably.  Has that part of opkg changed recently?

                    /* user request overrides package recommendation */
                    if (satisfying_pkg != NULL
                        && (compound_depend->type == RECOMMEND ||
compound_depend->type == SUGGEST)
                        && (satisfying_pkg->state_want == SW_DEINSTALL
|| satisfying_pkg->state_want == SW_PURGE)) {
                         opkg_message (conf, OPKG_NOTICE, "%s: ignoring
recommendation for %s at user request\n",
                                       pkg->name, satisfying_pkg->name);
                         continue;
                    }

p.