[oe] bitbake base-image: gmp-native: ERROR: function do_configure failed: configure: error: Oops, mp_limb_t is 32 bits, but the assembler code

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Nov 19 00:17:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 00:21 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
[...]
> well, unfortunately my search results did not include any hits from the
> OE bug tracker. I looked there a moment ago and found bug #3470 which
> seems to be related to my problem [5].
>
> I will try to update it with the information from my messages to the
> list in the next days.
[...]
> > > [2] oe/angstrom-dev/work/x86_64-linux/gmp-native-4.2.4-r0/temp$ less log.do_configure.29183

I saw this recently, I wish I could remember how I fixed it :/.

I looked back at the above log and it says:

checking for ld used by g++... ld -m elf_i386
checking if the linker (ld -m elf_i386) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (ld -m elf_i386) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes

and the i386 references above show configure is off the rails before it
hits the fatal error.

Do you have the config.log file from the broken builds?

Cheers,

Richard