[oe] Initial Support for the Samsung Omnia (SGH-i900)

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 20 11:10:32 UTC 2009

On 20-11-09 10:51, Alex Ferguson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Koen Kooi<k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>wrote:
>

>> Could you please explain why the default tslib.sh isn't working for you?
>

> Because it doesn't? /dev/input/touchscreenX doesn't exist.

Then you need to investigate why it doesn't get created.

> The devices
> /dev/input/event0 and /dev/input/event1 are consistently assigned to
> keyboard and touchscreen, respectively, and I'm having no problem with that.

Consistently with your current defconfig, kernelversion and bootargs,
there is no guarantee that those will stay the same.

> Once the drivers are improved and the need for a custom tslib.sh file
> evaporates, I'll be sure to open a bug report.

We stopped hardcoding event numbers in OE years ago, even the opie
people saw the light, so I wonder what's the matter with the omnia to go
backwards a few years :(

regards,

Koen