[oe] MACHINE_FEATURE changes

Fri Nov 20 14:24:39 UTC 2009

Koen Kooi wrote:
> Can someone please explain to me what
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=1bfa409a3a28cee60c4800d3caf33ce3f100d4ca
> is trying to accomplish? It looks like this makes task-base unusable on
> om-gta0X, am I right?

FSO/SHR based distros use fso-apm rather than "apm".
Using PROVIDES in fso-apm however means that it's pulled into other
distros too.
We could do this with a virtual/apm but that would mean we need to set a
preferred provider for all other distros too.

So the least intrusive change seemed to remove apm from om-gtaX.
Mickey (informally) agreed with me, and as this change is very limited
in scope, it went in. It is more distro than machine-specific I have to
admit.

Better suggestions on how to achieve this are welcome.

spaetz