[oe] MACHINE_FEATURE changes

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 20 14:47:17 UTC 2009

On 20-11-09 15:39, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 20.11.2009, 15:30 +0100 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
>> Dnia piątek, 20 listopada 2009 o 15:24:39 Sebastian Spaeth napisał(a):
>>
>>> Better suggestions on how to achieve this are welcome.
>>
>> In distro config:
>>
>> MACHINE_FEATURES_om-gta01 = "this that those butnoapm"
>>
>> This way your distro has what you want and others have what was set in machine
>> config.
>
> Good idea.
>
> For the records though, I would consider it being the machine
> maintainer's call to define the machine config. If he decides that apm
> is very misleading on said machine, perhaps because without taking
> special care about the peripheral devices there will no be proper
> suspend in the first place, then I might be inclined to follow this
> reasoning and leave apm out there...

If that's the case, it should be at least noted in the commit message
clearly. In this case it was a commit from someone very new to OE and it
didn't include any explanation or SOBs or ACKs.

Since this is about the machine the is the default in our GettingStarted
wiki, a mail to this list would have been nice as well, if only to
increase the google juice :)

regards,

Koen