[oe] Objective C cross compiler recipe?

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Fri Nov 20 20:55:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 11:42 -0800, Charlie Woloszynski wrote:
> I am working on an OMAP project and I have been asked to include some Objective-C code into the project.
>
> I am looking at the build process and it looks like gcc-4.3.3 is built with objective C support, but I don't see the headers or runtime library installed anywhere for cross compilation.
>
> GCC, as put in ./tmp/cross/armv7a/bin, seems to know objective-c but does not know where to find its header files (and I assume its runtime will be an issue right after that)

We're using gcc 4.2.4 for objective-c and it seems to work OK.  I have,
for example:

-rw-r--r-- 1 pb pb 3552 2009-06-26 13:19 tmp/cross/armv4t/lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.2.4/include/objc/Object.h

I guess it's possible that this has gotten broken in more recent
versions.  I'll try upgrading to 4.4.2 and see what happens.

p.