[oe] SRCPV migration - How SRCPV works!

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Nov 23 12:29:49 UTC 2009

On 11/23/2009 07:15 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 09:07 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> On 22-11-09 20:05, Martin Jansa wrote:
>>
>>> Every git recipe in OE tree should have some sane hash stored in
>>> conf/distro/include/sane-srcrevs.inc
>>
>> The cabal decided that checksums are "part of the metadata" and belongs
>> in the recipes. I don't understand why SRCREVs are so different. For
>> SRCREVs my life would be a lot easier if all SRCREV where put in their
>> respective recipes. Distros can always do
>>
>> SRCREV_pn-foo = "bar"
>> PV_pn-foo = "1.2.3+gitr$SRCPV"
>>
>> in their distro.conf if needed. Due to scoping we do need some include
>> for EFL_SRCREV, since those recipes are tightly tied together.
>
> FWIW I dislike it that we have SRCREVs elsewhere. There is a problem
> (bug?) with bitbake that makes this necessary though and that bug is
> hard to fix :(.

The difference between checksums and SRCREV's is that there is one
checksum per file, but different distro's may use different versions of
the same software.

As Koen noted a little later, before SRCPV goes into dev, it should be
well worked out. I'm finding the email threads hard to follow :(

Philip