[oe] SRCPV migration - How SRCPV works!

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 23 15:00:26 UTC 2009

On 23-11-09 15:29, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 14:31 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> On 23-11-09 13:15, Richard Purdie wrote:
>>
>>> As I understand it you'll lock locking down the local build revisions
>>> with Angstrom anyway?
>>
>> Dunno about that, ideally the SRCPV merge should have no impact at all
>> on existing distros, but it looks like everyone will be forced to lock
>> revisions/counts down.
>
> How is locking the counts down using LOCALCOUNT any different to the
> current situation?

In the current situation you lock down SRCREV and change PV,PR
accordingly. In the new world you lock down SRCREV, increase localcount
(per recipe or globally) and change PV,PR accordingly.

I just went from a 2 step error prone situation to a 3 step error prone
situation. And I need to track an *extra* variable as well now.

regards,

Koen