[oe] Custom handling of ipk upgrade conflicts..

Rob Kramer robk at starhub.net.sg
Tue Nov 24 09:12:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm wondering how I could deal with conditionally installing some files in a
ipk package, such as configuration files. For example, to not install some
file if it already exists, or to merge it in some customized way. The
CONFFILES directive is too interactive for my use, and doesn't allow custom
handling of conflicts.

Does someone know of an example of a recipe that does a similar thing,
perhaps using ipkg preinstall scripts etc?

Cheers!

    Rob