[oe] pkgconfig bbclass: also sed out bogus includes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Nov 25 14:27:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 14:21 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 25-11-09 13:46, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> >> author	Koen Kooi<koen at openembedded.org>
> >> commit	2c8134baa56ad047f5c37069379c0e560dd6477e
> >>
> >> RP says: In theory the recipes themselves should be patched to stop
> >> this nonesense getting in there in the first place but that is
> >> appropriate for pkgconfig.bbclass
> >
> > Nice one. Should we add a warning when we find such a bogus include so
> > recipes can be fixed up over time?
>
> Before this commit insane.bbclass aborted the build during
> do_qa_staging, so I don't think there are a lot of such recipes around :)
>
> Feel free to add such a warning to this class.
>
> I ran into this issue with eet.pc when trying to build a newer e-wm.

Now is probably a good time to discuss some ideas. In Poky I split
pkgconfig.bbclass into two, with pkgconfig.bbclass just adding
pkgconfig-native into DEPENDS.

How about we just require pkgconfig-native as part of the default
DEPENDS and start removing pkgconfig.bbclass everywhere we can?

Ifs its needed anywhere there is a bug in the application's use of .pc
files.

Cheers,

Richard