[oe] OE.dev staging changes - Progress so far

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Nov 25 14:59:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 17:31 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > d) Start removing legacy do_stage functions and convert exclusively to
> >   the new model
> >
> > Not really started yet. Poky has now converted all of its recipes to the
> > new model and has no legacy staging however so there are plenty of
> > examples out there.
> >
> Where is this work happening (branch?) and who is expected to work on this?

Its going to happen in org.openembedded.dev over the next few weeks as
far as I know.

I'd really like some help with this, I don't think I can do it alone.
I've converted Poky entirely which is hopefully proof it works and can
be done along with providing a ton of examples.

> I would especially see the toolchain bits up-to-date, and would like
> to help, but this will certainly introduce breakage at some point.

I'm hoping most of that is behind us. Obviously if the conversion isn't
made correctly there is a risk of breakage but outside of the areas like
toolchains, it should be contained to small areas.

Cheers,

Richard